Lemon meringue pie recipe
- 250g of flour
- 150 g of butter
- 50 g of sugar
- 50 g icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
Lemon Cream :
- 150 ml of lemon juice or 3 or 4 lemons
- zest of a lemon
- 150 g of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Corn starch or flour
75g of butter
- 2 egg whites (or 3 small ones)
- 75 g of sugar
Realization and cooking of the shortbread dough:
- Beat the egg with sugars and salt
- Add the flour in 1 time,
- knead with your fingertips
- Add the soft butter into pieces, knead quickly and form a ball
- Shoot and cool at least 1 hour
- Spread in the pie dish, cover with a sheet of parchment paper and beans, clay balls or a chain of metal beads available in supermarkets
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180 ° C, then remove the "weight" and put 8-10 minutes to cook the center. The dough should be golden brown (otherwise prolong cooking for a few minutes)
- Realization of the lemon cream:
- Take the zest of an untreated lemon
- Boil lemon juice with zest
- Beat eggs with sugar and cornflour
- Gradually add the lemon juice to the net without quashing
- Put everything on medium heat and make thicken stirring well all the time, you will get a cream.
- Let cool and then add the soft butter in pieces, whisking well.
- Garnish the pre-cooked pie shell.
- Book fresh.
- Whip the whites until they are firm, add the sugar and whip for a few more seconds.
- Garnish the top of the pie with a piping bag for example and go to hot oven 'grill function' 1 minute to color the meringue or as in the video, to go faster ... dor meringue torch ...
Decorate according to your taste