Baked Parsnip One cannot ask for a simpler—or healthier—vintage recipe than this. Baked parsnip provides a mouthwatering buttery texture along with sweetness from brown sugar to produce one delightful side recipe.
- 6-8 medium parsnips
- Melted butter as required
- Brown sugar as required
- Breadcrumbs as required
- Wash and scrape the parsnips. Steam them in a cooking pot until tender.
- Split them lengthwise and cut into 2-3-inch pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the parsnips in a baking dish and brush lightly with some butter.
- Drizzle with some brown sugar and bake for 10–15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve as a side dish.